Friday, June 27, 2008

A beginning of sorts

In less than 6 months I will run my first ultramarathon, the JFK 50 Miler. My training begins next month and by August I will be immersed in combination road/trail training and trying to balance my life, my relationships, and my pups. And so it begins, or more accurately it continues. I am not a speed demon. I'm steady and methodical and everything I choose to do I do at my own pace. As I have done for the past 8 years, I'll run. I won't place and I won't finish at the back of the pack, but I WILL finish. Wish me luck, share your stories, feel free to volunteer as my crew because even though running is a very individual pursuit, it is nature and intellectual curiosity and the love of friends and family that allow me to challenge myself to keep going.

1 comment:

eyelasssh said...

Great start, Steph! I'm going to bite the bullet and try to give running another chance.

I'll be keeping up on your progress! You never fail to inspire me.