Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Solitude

Last night I managed to get away from the pups long enough to trail test the new Cascadias and to get in a 45 minute run. I moved quickly because I knew I had little time to spare--quickly enough that my feet knew which rock to jump to next and how close to the edge I could scramble without falling into the stream. It was beautiful and quiet! I only saw two people during my run and they were at the beginning of the trail, no dogs, no trail maintenance crew (although I did see a few bags of litter waiting to be carted away), not even a single deer. It was weirdly silent so I took a bit of time to count my stream crossings and pause to occasionally look at the path behind me before I trotted on. I only wish I'd brought the camera along-- this portion of the path is so lovely and still.

No comments: